The following constitutes the policies of Seattle Select Baseball with regard to awareness and prevention of abuse within our organization
- Seattle Select Baseball is committed to provide a safe environment and to prevent child abuse and sexual misconduct.
- Seattle Select Baseball will make every reasonable effort to ensure that every person involved in coaching/training in our organization will abide by the SafeKids guidelines.
- Seattle Select Baseball will make every reasonable effort to exclude any adult with a legally documented history of child abuse/molestation or any other conviction or record that would bring unnecessary risk to the health and safety of the participants of this organization.
- Seattle Select Baseball will perform a criminal background check on every manager and assistant coach in our organization.
- Seattle Select Baseball will take appropriate action on all allegations of child abuse and/or sexual misconduct. All allegations will be reported immediately to the authorities for investigation and will cooperate fully with any such investigation.
- Seattle Select Baseball requires every manager and assistant coach to sign a “Coaching Code of Conduct” form. This form is available for review under the “FORMS” tab to the left.